Why have a takeaway pizza when you can create a tastier, healthier and cheaper version right in your very own home? This homemade pizza recipe makes 3 classic 12 inch pizzas. Deliciously tasty and complete with your favourite toppings – perfect for a cosy night in!
- 360 ml water
- 690g strong white flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp yeast
- 200g tomato puree
- 50g chorizo, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- Handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 125g mozzarella ball, sliced
- Handful of feta cheese, sliced
- Handful of cheddar cheese, grated
- Basil pesto
- BBQ sauce
- Balsamic glaze
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- To make the dough, put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast, salt and sugar. Make a well, pour in the water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and set aside for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- To create the toppings, slice the chorizo, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and mozzarella and place each of these into separate bowls.
- To make the base, split the dough into 3 equal pieces on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a large circle until it is roughly the size of the baking tray you are using. Ensure that the dough is rolled thinly as it will rise in the oven. Place the rolled out dough onto a lightly greased baking tray and repeat for the other two bases.
- Smooth the tomato puree over the bases with the back of a spoon. Add the toppings of your choice and sprinkle with grated cheese. Add a touch sea salt and black pepper to taste. These are the topping combinations we used for our pizzas:
- Chorizo and BBQ sauce.
- Pepper, mushroom, tomato, pesto and mozzarella.
- Mushroom, tomato, feta cheese and balsamic glaze.
- Bake at 180°C in a fan-assisted oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Slice into quarters, serve and enjoy!
For more recipes, check out my food & drink category.