Easter to me means primarily two things… Food and a four-day weekend! With four full days to relax, I often find myself motivated to do a bit of baking, and Easter is the perfect excuse to get a little bit creative in the kitchen. This classic cheesecake recipe is given the ultimate Easter twist with the addition of my two favourite treats: Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs!
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 300g cream cheese
- 200g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 6 mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 12 Cadbury Mini Eggs
1. Cut a circle of baking paper and use it to line a round springform cake tin. Pop the Creme Eggs in the fridge to allow them to harden.
2. In a mixing bowl, crush the digestive biscuits into tiny crumbs (the end of a rolling pin is a good tool for this). Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Spread the mix into an even layer in the cake tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon until you have a flat base.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, mascarpone and icing sugar. Add the double cream and vanilla extract and whisk again until well combined. Spoon the topping onto the biscuit base and spread using the back of a spoon until you have a smooth even layer.
4. Take the Creme Eggs out of the fridge and carefully slice into halves. Don’t worry if they break – the gooier the better!
5. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with the Creme Egg halves and Mini Eggs.
6. Refrigerate for at least an hour. When ready to serve, spring the cake tin open and transfer from the baking paper onto a clean plate.
Et voilà! An Easter-themed cheesecake to delight your friends and family. Perfect whether you’re a Creme Egg lover or a Mini Egg lover!